Friday, November 11, 2011

Shei Atkins!

I had the pleasure of styling Houston's own R&B singer/actress/author Shei Atkins for the stage play "God Doesn't Make Mistakes". In this play Shei played the role of a 19 year old gospel singer who falls in love with her childhood guy best friend. So that was the look she and I were going for when it came to styling; young, wholesome and budget-friendly :-).

Also, when styling for this play I to keep in mind the 30 second wardrobe change in between scenes. So what was needed was, easy get into and out of pieces. You will find that the styling here is not the typical eclectic, funky and edgy looks that you all are used to seeing come from me. I had to step out of my comfort zone and style accordingly, which as a good stylist you must have the ability to do that and be fluent in all styling genres.

BTW: this play was awesome, it had sad, hilarious and real life moments that anyone could relate to. Shei did an amazing job as well, it was a pleasure working with her and more is to come from the two of us.

With that being said, today I will be meeting up with Shei for another styling session for her upcoming show in NYC. So keep you eyeballs open! Wink wink!

No comments:

Post a Comment